Walpole Brands Of Tomorrow: The Tastemakers Of The Future Paving The Way In Luxury By The Luxury Channel
Walpole has revealed the 2016 selections for its esteemed Brands of Tomorrow programme. The line-up comprises trailblazing innovators who have caught the attention of the world of luxury. Via carefully tailored learning, including one-to-one tutelage from industry leaders and a year-long workshop schedule, the winning brands will also be given access to Walpole’s established membership, which includes Britain’s most prestigious brands and cultural institutions.
Founded in 2007, Walpole’s Brands of Tomorrow initiative has to date helped develop and nurture over 75 emerging British luxury brands, and proudly seen them become leaders in their respective fields. It counts luxury British brands including Astley Clarke, Charlotte Olympia, Emilia Wickstead, Lily And Lionel, ME+EM, Miller Harris, Private White VC, and The Business of Fashion as alumni.
The Selected 2016 Brands of Tomorrow
• Aurelia Probiotic Skincare: New British skincare brand providing women with next generation probiotic technology, selected by Net-a-Porter a mere 8 weeks into trading.
• Blaze: Global urban cycling brand founded by Emily Brooke, whose flagship bike light has been installed into London’s renowned Santander Cycles.
• Cubitts: Modestly priced, handmade spectacles and sunglasses in classic British styles.
• Half Hitch Gin: After rediscovering one of London’s former long-forgotten gin glories in Camden Lock, Mark Holdsworth developed his multi-award winning spirit, Half Hitch Gin, and it is stocked in Selfridges and Fortnum & Mason.
• Milli Millu: London-based luxury handbag brand which has captivated global fashion editors and celebrities (including Beyoncé and Lily Collins) alike.
• Monreal London: Founded by Stefani Grosse, British active wear brand Monreal London is defining the field of luxury active wear, with high-quality designer aesthetics combined with technical performance. The brand’s first capsule collection of tennis dresses sold out instantly at Harrods.
• Noble Isle: Inspired by the natural and cultural riches of the British Isles, each Noble Isle product is set to become a new tradition in luxury bathing.
• Penrose Products: With sustainability and quality at the heart of their operation, British manufacturer Penrose Products offer luxury natural fibre bedding of unprecedented sustainability.
• Richard Brendon: Passionate about regenerating heritage craft industries, Richard Brendon’s skill lies in transforming past elements into striking modern designs.
• Solomon & Wu: Unique combination of craftsmanship, innovation and product is sought out by the finest architects around the world, with the brand proudly continuing a tradition of manufacturing British modern heritage pieces for the global luxury market, for companies such as Alexander McQueen, Christian Louboutin and Kempinski Hotels.
• The Fold: New contemporary womenswear label now recognised as the go-to lifestyle brand for high-profile dressing by women worldwide, including the Duchess of Cambridge, Samantha Cameron and Kim Murray.
• Tom Raffield: Practical in form and beautiful in nature, Tom Raffield’s heirloom-worthy, luxury handcrafted wooden lighting and furniture designs have been championed as the antiques of the future.