The British Fashion Awards have been celebrating the contributions of British designers, creatives and models on the international fashion scene since 1989. The 2014 Awards, held at The London Coliseum, were hosted by comedian Jack Whitehall and saw the best of the British and international fashion industries joined by a glamorous line-up of guests, including Rihanna, Victoria Beckham, Suki Waterhouse and Anna Wintour OBE.
The Awards In Numbers
• There were 17 winners at the Awards, voted for by over 400 industry figureheads from around the world.
• The total weight of each Swarovski award is over 15 kg, and the British Fashion Award logo on the red carpet was made up of over 12 kg of loose Swarovski crystals.
• 20 Mercedes Benz Chauffeurs drove VIP guests on the night.
• There were 2,070 people in the auditorium, with this year’s tickets selling out faster than ever before.
• 400 industry figureheads and VIPs sat for a dinner consisting of 17 different dishes.
• Over 1,750 bags of popcorn were eaten during the ceremony.
• There were 1,700 goody bags distributed on the night, including a total of 5L of Penhaligon’s perfume and over 4300 MAC items gifted in the goody bags.
The Award Winners
Model of The Year – Cara Delevingne
Brand of The Year – Victoria Beckham
British Style Award – Emma Watson
Creative Campaign – Louis Vuitton
International Designer – Nicolas Ghesquière
Womenswear Designer – Erdem
Menswear Designer – J.W. Anderson
Accessory Designer – Anya Hindmarch
Emerging Womenswear Designer – Marques’Almeida
Emerging Menswear Designer – Craig Green
Emerging Accessory Designer – Prism
Red Carpet Designer – Alexander McQueen
New Establishment Designer – Simone Rocha
Establishment Designer – Preen
Special Recognition Award – Chris Moore
Outstanding Achievement Award – Anna Wintour OBE
Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator – Edward Enninful