Escape To A Zambian Water Retreat By The Luxury Channel
Zambia’s Royal Livingstone Hotel, perched on the forested banks of the Zambezi River and just a few metres upstream from the mighty Victoria Falls, has created bespoke Water Retreat Experiences for health conscious luxury travellers looking for an alternative wellbeing break combined with lifelong memories. With your own personal butler, you can experience sophistication and sheer opulence as well as the elegance and luxury of an earlier bygone era.
Water defines The Royal Livingstone. You arrive at the 5* retreat by water taxi – the only hotel in Africa to offer this exclusive transfer, where the journey often includes a glimpse of wildlife such as hippopotamus. The sound of the Victoria Falls is always present during your stay, where you have access to your own private entrance to the Falls – one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
The New Water Retreat Experiences
o The Tips of the Falls:
• Full body exfoliation with red dune sand: Increases the blood circulation and purifies the skin
• Botanical clay wrap: Contains Kalahari clay to purify the skin. Buchu is known for its medical purposes to detox the body and red bush extract acts as an antioxidant.
• Mist system massage to cool down: choose between Khoi San with Buchu to detox; Aromatic blend with spice and wood blends to relax; Tsamma Blend with Tsamma (Khoi san watermelon) to moisturise; Wild Honey: with wild honey to restore skin cells and repair sunburn.
o Experience the Ukuchina massage in one of the Cabanas along the banks of the Zambezi River:
• A lymph drainage treatment – perfect to fight water retention.
• Hot water compressed with lemon scent is used to drain the muscles and alleviate depression.
o A foot massage on the deck to support and rebalance the digestive tract.
Additionally, The Royal Livingstone gives guests the opportunity to enjoy more adventurous experiences, such as a River Safari or a Cheetah Interaction experience.
General Manager Emmanuelle Moneger revealed he is “extremely proud to introduce bespoke Water Retreat spa experiences for guests of the Royal Livingstone. We also invite our guests to reconnect with Mother Nature by exploring the Victoria Falls or swim in the Devil’s Pool at the edge of the Falls, discovering the endless rainbows and range of colours the waterfall produces and enjoy a refreshing shower of negative ions known to increase levels of serotonin, therefore helping to alleviate depression, relieve stress and boost daytime energy. Thanks to the unlimited complimentary entrance to the Victoria Falls, the hotel’s guests can enjoy a daily walk at the Falls and recharge their batteries in the most natural way.”
The Royal Livingstone Hotel